CHILDREN'S BREAKFAST CLUB
Open to students, parents and teachers of Bennetto and St. Lawrence schools. Program provides a nutritious breakfast and a safe environment for children to "hang out" before school.
St. Luke's Parish Hall (76 Macauley St. East - corner of Macauley & John)
School days from 7:45 to 8:45am
Goals of Program:
- Provide a nutritious breakfast to students living in the North End.
- Provide a supervised environment for children who might otherwise be alone in the morning before school.
- Provide volunteer opportunities for senior students and community members.
Description of Program (activities, participants, etc.):
- The Breakfast Club began in April 1995 and serves two North End schools, Bennetto and St. Lawrence, by providing a nutritious breakfast Monday through Friday to their students.
- A typical breakfast may include fruit, toast with cheese, margarine or jam, cereal and milk, eggs, bagels, and a variety of juices. There are also special breakfasts served throughout the year.
- The program is run by staff, community volunteers and senior students who prepare and serve breakfast each morning.
- The program is currently serving 35-65 students every morning. Local churches, schools, service organizations, and businesses provide cash or food donations.
- Educational activities are available daily.
- Assistance with homework is provided.
- Special Days include Bagel Day, Cinnamon Toast Day, Games & Activities Day, School Spirit Day and Music Day.
For more information, please contact: Lexi Van Harten (Program Coordinator)(Donations)905-523-6611 ext. 3007