COMMUNITY GARDENS PROGRAM
Open to North End residents. Program is beneficial for physical activity, organic gardening, food access education and social interaction.
- 240 Burlington Street East (at Wellington Street)
- 100 Burton Street (Corner of Douglas Street)
- 474 Wentworth Street North
May to October - Gardeners have access to gardens throughout growing season. Special information and hands-on sessions offered throughout the season.
Goals of Program:
- To provide space for growing vegetables organically.
- To provide information on affordable food access, growing methods, storage and preserving.
- To encourage social opportunities for newcomers and those who are socially isolated.
Description of Program (activities, participants, etc.):
- Individual garden plots are available for $15.00 per plot.
- All tools, organic fertilizers and organic pest controls are provided. Some seedlings and seeds provided.
- Workshops and general information sessions on organic gardening, trips to u-pick farms and preserving sessions are offered prior to and during the growing season.
For more information, please contact : 905-523-6611 ext. 3006 or email@example.com